Nuestra Senora de la Porteria Church, Legazpi, Albay
This 17th century Nuestra Senora de la Porteria Church is also called “Our Lady of the Gate Parish” or more famously known as “Daraga Church” by the locals because it is situated in the town of Daraga.
The church was built by the Franciscan missionaries in 1773 and is known for its baroque architectural designs. It underwent many restorations and renovations in its lifetime, specially after it was bombed during the world war II in 1945.
The white coating in the facade is not paint but is actually part of the preservation technique. Overtime it will go back to it’s original dark stone color like the belfry.